Monday, November 10, 2008

"I became a star only by association"

While we are all bored with Nicole's interviews in every magazine you open of late, it is refreshing to see one where she is actually being completely honest. To admit what alot of people have thought for a long time i.e. that she became a star only by her association to Tom Cruise.

In a new interview in 'Glamour' magazine, Nicole said "I didn't think (the early movies) were very good, which is why I would always cower in the background. I thought, I don't deserve to be here. We would go to the Oscars and I would think, I'm here to support him. I felt it was my job to put on a beautiful dress and be seen and not heard."

Not that she minded at the time, of course. All that attention and money! But at least she is more or less admitting that lady luck landed on her lap. If she hadn't met Tom, who knows where she might be today. That gives me an idea for another Poll. Interesting how she mentions that the early movies weren't very good. Nicole is being honest here yet again, but perhaps could have mentioned that some of the early Aussie films were lousy too, like "BMX Bandits"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it just Nicole looking for sympathy again? Hoping people will say "oh the poor dear, must have been hard for her to cower in the background".