Thursday, September 18, 2008

When the crow flies

Back in early 2005, long time pals Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe were all set to star in "Eucalyptus", an Australian film based on the bestselling novel. However, in the first week of rehearsals, Russell decided he wanted full script approval and the director said NO. So Russell walked. Nicole was left stranded with no film, and there was no Keith then to console her. It's probably a good thing, because in the book, the female character was just 18 years old. Nicole was of course about 38 years old at the time. Anyway, Russell was also meant to be in "Australia" but apparently wanted script approval again. Baz quickly replaced him with Hugh Jackman. While it might appear that that these two pals are not destined to work together, there are still murmurs about a future project together. As you may be aware, Russell's entry in the top 10 overpaid actors has improved since last year after the successful "American Gangster"so Nicole may see him as a good investment for one of her projects. Stayed tuned for developments.

4 comments:

hoosierlady said...

I understand compulsions. I understand binging on M and M's, I understand having marathon bake offs with your sister and friends. I even understand not eating, as a symptom of the larger diagnosis, but I do not understand the need these people have to alter their appearance.

Woman are commonly beautiful at the age of 40 or 41, it's actually probably just about as good as it's going to get for most of us. Bette Davis was an actor until the end, who else, Katherine Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, (until she starting howling on the Soup).

Personally, I was easy on the eye when I was young, and I'm hoping I'm just an older version of that.

I do not understand why you'd do that to yourself. What must it be like to be so dependent on your face/body, that you'd do that. Is there anybody in there?

I guess it's a control thing.

Hmmm. . . .

Choice said...

I agree with everything you say. I felt that Nicole was becoming more beautiful as she aged but when she started attacking her face in 2002, it actually made it worse. I am surprised she doesn't see that. Having said all this, redheads tend to have fragile skin which can wrinkle and sag much faster than people with olive complexions. I have a feeling Nicole was struggling with some of these issues especially since she grew up in the Australian sun and had tonnes of freckles as a teenager. The lack of any of those freckles now gives away the fact she's done other things to her skin too. I believe in ageing gracefully, accepting nature. If I had millions of dollars the temptation might be different if I felt I hated my nose or mouth or something (which I don't). Sophia Loren and Olivia Newton John looked brilliant in their 40's without needing enhacements. As you can see from the Blog main photograph of Nicole, plastic surgery and botox can often make the face look extremely harsh on bad days. Those shots from her 39th birthday are nothing short of terrible (and the hair too). I bet she regrets coming out of the house on that day.

Anonymous said...

I think that all the plastic surgery and cosmetic enhancement makes her look much much older because she looks so artificial which is normally associated with much older women like Joan Rivers who is in her 60s I think...

Choice said...

Joan Rivers is in her late 70s I believe. Her face is so smoothed out like Mickey Rourkes that she actually now looks like a burns victim. Plastic surgery cannot disguise somebody's age after a certain point. However, they have to keep getting more because deep down they are never happy with the results. Joan Collins is another plastic surgery victim. After years of smoking, no-one can have the nice skin she has without alot of work. Agree?